The passion and energy of Enzo Ferrari’s restaurant, since 1950.
THE ASPIRATIONS, SUCCESSES AND MEMORIES THAT FORM AN INTEGRAL PART OF FERRARI HISTORY.
Cavallino has played a key part in Ferrari’s history. It is a symbol of the company’s deep bond with the region, through relationships and friendship made over time. It has witnessed celebrations, and the most daring challenges undertaken by the Scuderia. When Enzo Ferrari purchased the area where the manufacturing complex stands today, this farmhouse housed the company canteen. Later, in 1950, it officially became Ristorante Cavallino.
The rooms of this historic building continue to inspire guests, and have hosted an extraordinary range of memorable events and functions. They’re alive with the dreams and successes that inspired Enzo Ferrari’s forward-looking vision. They evoke nostalgia, but also offer a new dimension to banqueting and social functions… and they are open to all Prancing Horse fans, enthusiasts and visitors from around the world.
Here, Ferrari engineers stopped by for a modest lunch with their guests, close friends and collaborators. At weekends, they’d enjoy a glass of wine in front of the screen while viewing Formula 1 Grands Prix. The tables have been graced by distinguished personalities such as Prince Bernard of Holland, the Princess of Belgium Liliana de Réthy, and three-time world champion driver Jackie Stewart, as well as all the drivers and technicians who have made up the Ferrari Team over the decades.
It was here that Bernie Ecclestone and Jean-Marie Balestre signed the foundations of the Formula 1 Concorde Agreement in 1981, before returning in 1987 to discuss the new competition rules with Enzo Ferrari himself. At the end of the meeting they told him, “Engineer, you write the rules.”