Staff's Blog

A weekend to forget

April 3, 2006 · Posted by staffFerrari

Dear friends, what a Sunday…or should that be what a weekend?! Unfortunately, things did not go as we expected them to. In fact, they went much worse that we ever imagined that they would. Having said this, we do need to remain optimistic and not be too downcast by the race result. I know that many of you are confused, fearing that we could be in for another season like 2005. Others worry about the performance of the 248 F1. I can understand you. Doubts creep in for us here in the office and we see things from the inside so I can imagine what you are thinking. Believe me though, things are not and will not be like 2005. Let me explain myself, the 248 F1 project is a well researched one. The reliability problems with the engine have been resolved and it now is on an absolute par with the other power units. The drivers are also keen to do well, Michael for his own reasons and Felipe his, and prove that that this belief is well founded. Many modifications have been made to the aerodynamics and the engine and this will be seen at Imola. Also, I would like to draw your attention to some key factors: in Malaysia, if the cars had not had to drop ten places on the grid and subsequently finish fifth and sixth, they would almost certainly have challenged for the podium. Secondly, at least in Michael’s case, this could also be said for the GP of Australia. Given what I have said, it is obvious that nobody wants to negate the fact that there are problems and that there is a lot to be done to take the 248 F1 to the top. Believe me, its true worth was seen at Bahrain and not in the last two races. The team at the Gestione Sportiva are so convinced of this that they say that proof will be seen at Imola. What do you think? Is it worth a bet?

• Tuesday, 24 Feb 2009 10:27 by
    Fly-aways are never the easiest for making fundamental steps forward. So I am more optimistic that, now we are back in Europe, we will see progress. I have absolutely no doubt that everyone is working flat out to solve problems & make improvements. The one benefit of having to wait 3 weeks, instead of 2, before we see another GP is the opportunity it gives for additional testing/ work to be done. In the 2003 season we had to wait until Imola for a win & we still took the championships. I can`t remember the points situation but I think we may have had less than this year. I know the points system has changed making things harder but sometimes it pays to remember what we have achieved before & the knowledge we can still turn things around.
  • Tuesday, 24 Feb 2009 10:27 by
    It all sounds like excuses to me. Ferrari all but handed the championship to Renault and Alonso this weekend. I am so disappointed in all of you. You have let us down.
  • Tuesday, 24 Feb 2009 10:27 by
    Friends tomorrow at Vallelunga Ferrari will start a busy period of tests.Infact next week Ferrari will resume them at Barcellona.The work will be focused on the development of strong improvements from the aerodynamics point of view of the 248F1 and even the engine will be improved.It's going to be really interesting because we ll maybe see a completely different 248F1 at imola.
  • Tuesday, 24 Feb 2009 10:27 by
    Ferrari is working flat out undouptedly ,and some unlucky occasions shouldn't make us pesimistic or force us to lose our enthusiasm. A real fan supports the team both in bad and good times ,and as far as we know that this car has the potential to win ,we will be optimistic .I will agree tha the start of the season remembers me of 2003 but i believe is better than that one . Now there are 3 weeks of intensive testing and high expectations .So it is just too early to start bad critisism. Let's wait until Imola and if Ferrari won't make a comeback then we can start wondering .... But I feel that Imola will be a completely different situation from Australia and yes it's worth a bet!
  • Tuesday, 24 Feb 2009 10:27 by
    In 2003 we came back to Europe with less points! And we won a glorious WDC an WCC - I can remember the celebration in Carozzeria Zanasi!!! Goosepickles!!! And Nigel Stepney has a bet with Maurizio from Montana about a 5 l bottle of wine - see for yourself, Gianpaolo!!!
  • Tuesday, 24 Feb 2009 10:27 by
    Hope that the end of the 2006 will be like the end of the 2003.So exciting !!:))

Comments: