Staff's Blog

Incredible but true...

March 20, 2006 · Posted by staffFerrari

Dear friends, naturally, without getting carried away prematurely, it seems that the problem that caused the substitution of Massa and Schumacher’s engines has been identified and resolved. Jean Todt, the Prancing Horse’s General Manager, stated as much in his usual post-race press conference published on FerrariWorld. As you know, the blog is reserved to Ferrari talk, the Scuderia’s results and everything to do with the beloved ‘Red’ world.   Saying this, in my opinion the blog is also a meeting place where discussions can be held with those who, like us, share a great and unique passion. This makes the heart beat faster and has done since we were children. Call it the need for speed, engine sickness or whatever you prefer. The essence is the same: we understand each other! Related to this is a theme that is close to us and which some of you have introduced into the blog. It is a theme important not only to we Italians but all racing fans. Unfortunately, it is that concerning the prohibition placed on hosting motor races at autodrome of Monza if a certain noise level is exceeded. Aside from Formula 1, GP2 and the newly created GP Master series – the best in competition in Italy – are affected.   And do you know why? Because some inhabitants who live close to the autodrome have realised that emissions during race weekends exceed the limits laid down by the law. Now I ask myself, a) did these families not realise when they purchased their houses that there was a ‘small’ circuit close by where cars race?… b) even worse, how can they deem it reasonable to risk creating a situation where a number of families will become unemployed and where the city itself will suffer due to the fall in revenue? The city, practically, depends on the autodrome. Please excuse me but it seemed right, as a fan, to share my delusion with you. I am waiting to read your responses.

• Tuesday, 24 Feb 2009 10:26 by
    Gianpaolo, You're exactly right!! Being from the USA, I can't really comment on the area's politics, but it certainly does seem dumb wanting to destroy a very profitable, historic track. As someone else has already said below, I'm not Italian, but I love to watch Ferrari perform in front of its own Tifosi. It's very heart-warming to watch a "Sea of Red" in the stands, as Ferrari performs at one of the greatest tracks of all-time. Being one of the fastest tracks on the Formula One calendar, it's very exciting to watch races there. The parrabolica is also one of the all-time greatest turns in racing. It's a disgrace to watch a track, that's been around since 1923, be in danger of exclusion from the F1 calendar. I'm sure many of the drivers would do ANYTHING to save the track. Plus, they can't close the track, because I haven't had a chance to see it in person yet, haha. They don't call it "La Pista Magica" for nothing!! SAVE MONZA!! Forza Ferrari!! Forza Italy!! Ciao Mark USA
  • Tuesday, 24 Feb 2009 10:26 by
    All the Ferrari fans around the world want to enjoy the emotions that Monza gives every years !!I remember the 2 wonderful double in the 2002and 2004.I also remember the crucial win of Schumi in the 2003 when after a tough summer Ferrari from Monza started wimming again going toward both titles!!I celebrated all these 3 victories together with a lot of italian and foreign fans and we had fun! In the 2004 on saturday night I met around the autodromo some Bridgestone's engineers and i congratulated with them nad how to forget the 2 Ferrari days in the 2001 and 2004 ?? Simply unbielevable days !Happy moments:)) I and all the Ferrari fans want to live these kind of amazing emotions in the future for many many years again,forever ! So let's save Monza !!One the most fantastic tracks of the world.... Forza Monza
  • Tuesday, 24 Feb 2009 10:26 by
    Ciao Tifosi!! I am keeping my fingers crossed that Jean Todt is correct, and that the engine problem has been resolved!!! I want to wake up to a Ferrari one-two at Australia, not a Renault one-two!! I agree with you completely about Monza! As you say, those who live near to the Monza circuit knew they were buying a house near to a race track! Personally, I would do anything to live in one of those houses, to be near such a magnificent track!! ;) It is awful that simply because of these residents that people risk losing their jobs. It is a track that deserves to be used as much as possible. Although I am not Italian, as a hardcore Ferrari fan, nothing comes close to watching Ferrari infront of all their fans on their home ground!!! I remember watching it a few years ago, when Michael won, and it gave me goosebumps seeing all the crowd cheering him on!! I would definetely campaign to save Monza!!! Forza Ferrari! Ruth xx
  • Tuesday, 24 Feb 2009 10:26 by
    About Monza: It's a stupid decision and those inhabitants are cynical people. But who is to blame: the parliaments, who made the laws. There is something wrong with the laws if such a decision is possible. Greetings, Klaus.
  • Tuesday, 24 Feb 2009 10:26 by
    Really a shame what will happen to Monza! I am wondering wether those people have realized where they live! You cannot buy a house near the railway and then complain about the noise! We were at Monza in 2004 for the finals and the atmosphere there was so emotional and also in TV - the track is amazing! Will there be another chance for another trial or is it a it's end?
  • Tuesday, 24 Feb 2009 10:26 by
    Hello tifosis. Ihope that Ferrari will be in better form in Australia cause I don't want to watch again a Renaut finish first .As far as Monza is concerned this desicion is just terrible and crazy. I have visited this GP twice in 2001 and 2005 and I think it is one of the best tracks. It combines perfectly high speed straights with dificcult corners such as parrabolica and is one of the most interresting circuits.Also the atmosphere there is extremelly beautifull .Personally I would give everything to live in such a place as I would have the unique opportunity every year to see my heros .So the inhabitants of Monza should be the bigest supporters of Monza and should fight for this Grand Prix, for the simpe reason that the autodrome of Monza is an economical profit for the area ...as well as a touristic attraction....So I hope that such an action will never come true.In that case i will be really sad .And I think that this is true for all the real fans whether they are Italians or not .
  • Tuesday, 24 Feb 2009 10:26 by
    I think the whole Monza situation is stupid. As I`ve said on the Forum, it`s like someone buying a house next to a railway line & then complaining about the trains. Unfortunately, there`s to many times when the "powers that be" seem to have lost all sense of proportion. We have people moving into the countryside complaining about cockerels; muck on the roads etc. I really can`t understand anyone who moves somewhere & then wants to change it all. More to the point, I can`t understand authorities who back them! Somehow, I doubt the people who complained are the one`s whose jobs would be on the line. Here`s hoping the engine problem has been solved & we can get on with clocking up those points.
  • Tuesday, 24 Feb 2009 10:26 by
    It would be a great shame if there was no GP because of the people who live around the circuit think its too noisy, do they not enjoy the fact that formula1 cars race so close to their homes? Well I wouldnt mind living beside the track, i think they are very lucky!
  • Tuesday, 24 Feb 2009 10:26 by
    Yes of course these families new that there was a circuit next to their house. But what I don't understand is Why do they rebel now ? it's completely stupid and nonsense. and as you underline, the race, the circuit gives to a great part of inhabitants and city some money. Besides it is good for the tourism. so I really don't understand.

Comments: