Proud to drive for Ferrari

April 24, 2006 · Posted by staffFerrari

I started fourth and finished fourth: that was the story of my San Marino Grand Prix. After what was a tough race, I can be happy with this result, especially when you look at the combined number of points me and Michael brought home. Seeing that Michael fought all through the race with Alonso in the Renault and I was fighting both McLarens, honestly it is something I can be happy about. Yes, I might have made it to the podium, but I lost some time behind an Aguri at just the critical time, which meant I was just unable to keep ahead of Montoya.  On the second stint, I had some graining after the first couple of laps out of the pits. It lasted about five or six laps when it was really difficult to keep up a good pace. But then the tyres cleaned up and we were back on a goodish pace. So, after three unlucky races, I am happy with fourth and to see our team take its first win of the season. I reckon that Sunday’s race shows we don’t need much to be exactly the same level in terms of performance as the others. We have to think carefully about how we tackle the next race, but I think we are definitely at the right level to fight with the other top guys at every race now. On Sunday night, I said that naturally, it would have been nicer to finish on the podium, as fourth is still the best I have done in my F1 career so far, with two other finishes in this position. But now, I think I can look to do better in the coming races. After the race, I was asked what I thought was the secret behind Michael still being able to win races after so many years in the sport. For me, 37 does not seem very old. There have been drivers winning who were older than that. Michael is just motivated and that is the main thing in any sport. I am younger and I am very motivated and I would hope to reach Michael’s age and still have that same level of motivation. Speaking of age, tomorrow, Tuesday, is my twenty fifth birthday. I am not planning to do anything special though. Since Imola, I have not gone home, but have stayed in Italy, in Milan, as I am testing at Fiorano for three days, starting on Wednesday. So, I will be spending my birthday in Maranello at Ferrari, which I think many guys my age would think is actually very special indeed. And I guess I would have to agree with them!

• Tuesday, 17 Feb 2009 08:59 by
    Felipe parabéns pela corrida e pelo seu aniversário, muitas felicidades !
  • Tuesday, 17 Feb 2009 08:59 by
    Ok Felipe is all ok. Don't warry biggest results arivve soon , i'm sure. Happy Birthday!!!
    Forza Ferrari!!! Good Luck at the "Ring" Felipe!! Ciao Mark USA
  • Tuesday, 17 Feb 2009 08:59 by
    Well done Felipe .It was a great result for the team and you had also a very good race .I hope that we will be competitive in the next races too. This win was essential cause it boosted our motivation and made all the fans really happy . As for tomorrow i wish you happy birthday Felipe and lot of podiums and successes from now on !!!! Continue the hard work and never give up! Forza Ferrari!
  • Tuesday, 17 Feb 2009 08:59 by
    Congratulations on your P4, Felipe. I`m sure a podium isn`t far away. Have a great birthday! Ann
  • Tuesday, 17 Feb 2009 08:59 by
    P4 was really good resault and I have to agree with Ann that: "podium isn`t far away." Congratulations for your birthday hope you¿ll have a great day. Halldór Óli
  • Tuesday, 17 Feb 2009 08:59 by
    Hello Felipe! First of all happy birthday !!!i wish u all the best for ur coming year :)Well I have to congratulate to u because yesterday it was really exciting to see u to fight against both Mclaren.At the end u scored 5 useful points and I m sure u ll get ur first podio really soon.We are also looking foward to enjoying ur first win!U say u re proud to drive Ferrari.Well we say we are proud u drive for our favourite team!:)) Well happy birthday again Felipe and see u to drive Ferrari from live next time at Monza.I will go as i did yesterday at Imola!
  • Tuesday, 17 Feb 2009 08:59 by
    Forza Ferrari!!! Forza Felipe!!! Great Job Felipe!!! I'm sooo happy for you and the team, there is nothing more rewarding than seeing hard work pay off. I was watching the race while at work and I nearly lost it when Michael won. It was a very exciting race, with great results to match. I'm just ecstatic, it made my whole week. The podiums will come Felipe, we all know that. You're 25 now, racing for Ferrari!!! The podiums will definitely come in time. You're the luckiest 25 year old I've ever seen, that's a fact!!! Keep up the good work Felipe!!! Ciao Mark USA
  • Tuesday, 17 Feb 2009 08:59 by
    HAPPY BIRTHDAY FELIPE!!! If you need anybody to hang out with in Maranello, give me a call. I'll come out and hang out with you, if I have too, hahaha. Hope you had a great day. Forza Ferrari!!! Ciao Mark USA
  • Tuesday, 17 Feb 2009 08:59 by
    HI Felipe ! Congratulation for your fantastic race ! I'm so happy because we are back ! Thanks Felipe ! and I wish you Happy Birthday !
  • Tuesday, 17 Feb 2009 08:59 by
    Happy Birthday, Massa! Have great time on your special day! xoxoxox m.
  • Tuesday, 17 Feb 2009 08:59 by
    Felipe - Congrats on a very good race! It was special to see Ferrari win at our home race and to have both cars in the points is very good for the Championship. I wish you well for the up coming races and we look forward to see Ferrari back at the top again. Best of luck and happy belated B-Day!
  • Tuesday, 17 Feb 2009 08:59 by
    Hi Felipe ! Very nice race on sunday. It was a good feeling to see you and Michael back and able to fight for victory and important points ! I wish you a happy birthday and all the best !
  • Tuesday, 17 Feb 2009 08:59 by
    Hi Felipe, HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!
  • Tuesday, 17 Feb 2009 08:59 by
    Hi felipe and many congratulations for your 1st good placement with ferrari, we all wish it was the first of many more and next time see you on the podium ok? ;-) H A P P Y B I R T H D A Y F E L I P E ! ! ! Alessandra,Gaspare & little Nadia (4 month) from Sorrento (Italy)
  • Tuesday, 17 Feb 2009 08:59 by
    Happy Birthday Felipe and well done on an excellent drive on Sunday. Hope you have a great evening and can't wait till the Nurburgring Grand Prix and hope you do well there too. This weekend was a great weekend so I thank everyone for all their hard work!

Comments: