Towards another good result

March 17, 2006 · Posted by staffFerrari

Sepang, 17 March - Dear Y&F friends, welcome to the official Scuderia press office blog. I am Luca Colajanni and I am responsible for relations between the media and the Gestione Sportiva. From today, I will also be communicating with you in order to draw you closer to the world of Ferrari.I am writing to you from Sepang where night has now fallen. It has been a long day in tropical heat. Unfortunately, Felipe’s engine had to be substituted; a real shame as, from what we could see today, the set up was on a par with that of the other top teams and we could have repeated Sakhir’s fantastic qualifying result. Instead, only Michael will be challenging for pole position while for Felipe it will be an uphill struggle all the way. Also, we have to take into consideration that overtaking is possible on this circuit and that the Bridgestones have proved to be consistent. So, though starting from the back of the grid, a good placing is still within reach, as Raikkonen demonstrated last Sunday. The mechanics will work into the night making sure the two F248 F1s are in tip-top shape. Free practice is timed for 11 tomorrow and it is here that we will iron out any doubts over the choice of tyre. As you know, this season the two forty-five minute sessions – the first at 9 and the second at 10.15 - have been replaced by a single stint lasting an hour. I have to say that we are very pleased as the system gives us more time to rest. After nights like the one that awaits our guys tonight, rest will be needed! At 14 comes the qualifying session. Last Saturday in Bahrain was spectacular, even watching from the pit lane. There was never a let-up and the tension was permanently high. The joy of claiming the front row meant that all the stress was forgotten. I think that the new format is a real step forward if we compare it to the systems employed over the past few years. I hope that you also enjoyed it and that we can celebrate another great session tomorrow!

• Tuesday, 17 Feb 2009 08:59 by
    I ve just read that now it's sure that Ferrari will change the wing at Melbourne like also Mclaren and BMW will.But Domenicali told that the staff had already decided to introduce this development because it belonged to the program to improve the aerodynamics of the car.
  • Tuesday, 17 Feb 2009 08:59 by
    Mr. Colajanni, Just as "abkoepfchen" said, I too, was very interested in observing the way all of the teams reacted to the new qualifying format. The pressure is on, the tension is high, and that's just from a fan's perspective!! haha I can't imagine what the team is going through with this new qualifying format. We had a great outcome in Bahrain and without the engine changes, we could've easily had a great outcome at Malaysia. It's indeed, very interesting to see the change in qualifying strategies from Bahrain to Malaysia. I think each and every qualifying this year will only become better and more interesting to watch. I think I can speak for all Tifosi when I say that we will definitely be in the hunt once again this year. As always, the Scuderia has a great package this year, coupled with great tifosi behind them. We're going to be fighting till the end!! Forza Ferrari! Ciao Mark USA
  • Tuesday, 17 Feb 2009 08:59 by
    Dear Luca I am glad to hear that the team can get a little more time to relax before qualifying. I think that the new format must be very intense for them with so little break between sessions. Even with the engine penalty, I hope that, with Ross` strategy, the teams finesse & Felipe`s own skill, he will be able to come through the field. Here`s to a great wekend. Forza Ferrari Ann
  • Tuesday, 17 Feb 2009 08:59 by
    Ciao Luca, grazie per essere tra noi!!!!! Ti prego facci sapere il più possibile di quello che accade, degli umori, dell'aria che si respira tra di voi, ne abbiamo bisogno.Complimenti a tutti per il grandioso inzio ed un'abbraccio affettuoso a tutta la squadra.Ciao, Francesco
  • Tuesday, 17 Feb 2009 08:59 by
    Domanda: non ti sembra che gli altri siano migliorati tantissimo nei pit-stop e noi no? PS: controllate bene tutte le pistole, vi prego! :P (perdonami)
  • Tuesday, 17 Feb 2009 08:59 by
    Let's hope for another strong and happy weekend thanks to the competitiveness of the new 248F1 and the excellent riliability of the Bridgestone's tires! Both Ferrari look really fast here in Sepang too so i m looking foward to celebrating a wonderful result.Promising feelings for a amazing red Ferrari season are growing up great ! Forza Ferrari:)
  • Tuesday, 17 Feb 2009 08:59 by
    no non siamo peggiorati nel pit-stop forse i nostri non sono piu' abituati ad avere il 3 box anziche il primo ...........ma l hanno prossimo lo riavranno ne sono sicuro
  • Tuesday, 17 Feb 2009 08:59 by
    Mr. Colajanni, THANK YOU VERY, VERY much for your time. I can't imagine how busy you are and to take the time to talk to all of us, speaks volumes for both you, and Ferrari as a whole. It excites me to know that Ferrari and its' employees do sooooo much to interact with all of us. God knows you need the rest and to take the time to "blog" is really great!! Mark USA
  • Tuesday, 17 Feb 2009 08:59 by
    Mr. Colajanni, I know we can do it this weekend, even after Michael's engine change, we're still in the hunt. Kimi ended up on podium last week at Bahrain, after beginning the race in 22nd, so Michael and Felipe can do it without a doubt!! The leaps and bounds we've made over winter testing are unprecedented!!! Last week was a very great morale booster, both to the Scuderia crew/drivers, and also to all the Tifosi. The new V-8's reliability problems we're experiencing are only natural (unfortunately), especially at the HOTTEST race of the season. We can do it!!! God is a Tifosi as well!! ahahah FORZA FERRARI!! Mark USA
  • Tuesday, 17 Feb 2009 08:59 by
    I hope that Michael and Felipe will repeat what Ferrari already did in the 2001 when after a tough beginning of the race in Sepang both drivers(Barrichello instead of Massa 5years ago)will get an unbilievable double.The rain helped Ferrari 5 years ago but now the best performances especially and i think some troubles to the engine for other drivers can make a big different.For the podio I m optimistic and i don't lose hopes for a win!
  • Tuesday, 17 Feb 2009 08:59 by
    Dear Mr. Colajanni, many thanks for your comments on the race and the "inside"-views as we all know you are very very busy all the time! Good to hear that the new format makes it easier for the whole team. I think the whole community was thrilled by it and also in Sepang it was very amazing because of the strategies. There was a change since Shakir in it: all teams went out early to get a fine lap and come into the next partition. In Shakir the teams waited longer to go out. Interesting to see the change from the first to the second race. We wait to hear from you again! Mille grazie!

Comments: