Fan's Blog

Thoughts after the 1st 2 races

March 25, 2006 · Posted by staffFerrari

Hello everyone!I am Vassilis from Greece and the purpose of my blog is to express my opinion about Ferrari's performance in the races, errors etc as objectively as possible!So, the 1st race was in Bahrain! I was very happy with our performance there! I was a bit sad about Felipe's spin but i m sure he ll become more experienced as races pass. Generally, his performance was very impressive!Going to the 2nd race, i must admit my feelings were quite different. First of all, i never expected us to have reliability problems. This disappointed me a bit but what gave me hope was the though of a smart strategy! Going to the race however, i must say that Michael's strategy didnt seem that smart. Massa's one was amazing but i believe Michael should also be on 1 pit stop. I ve really missed Mr. Brawn's amazing strategies that gave us wins some years ago. The last one i can remember is 2002 Magny Cours. I certainly dont believe Mr. Brawn has forgot to think of winning strategies. So, personally i m expecting a bit more from that sector.Performance-wise i was very happy! We really seem to have the speed and this is very encouraging.  Both drivers also did a great race! It seems that our reliability problems will get solved before Australia (if not already) and this is even more encouraging!To close my 1st post, i really hope that 2 things will happen! First, our wings to prove to be legal (and if not, to be altered) and second, to see our team risk and push! I really believe that if we risk we ll have more chances to get the championship!I would like to thank the Y&F Staff for giving me this opportunity!See you all at the next race ;)Vassilis Alexiadis

• Tuesday, 24 Feb 2009 10:38 by
    Hello Alex, Well i don't completely agree with u.I don't think that the Schumi's strategy wasn't smart.Schumi wwas having a good pace but something happened after the first pit stop and he wasn't able to push his car as strong as he wanted I guess.I m sure that the strategy was the right one for him but as I said something of wrong happened to his car during the second stint.The smart strategy that u mentioned was planned and the put immediately in practise at Magny Cours 2004 not 2002:)don't worry Ross is still the best in this sector:)Infact u saw how many positions Felipe made up.In general I also think that Ferrari got the right way to get world champion again:)) Thank for ur post and see u after Melbourne
  • Tuesday, 24 Feb 2009 10:38 by
    Thank you for commenting! The name actually is Vassilis :) Michael had a bad second stint because of the tires. They werent performing well. I believe what i said about Michael's strategy because we all saw where Felipe went with one stop. I think Michael would have got higher ;) The race i m talking about is France 2002 where we made 4 pit stops and won the race and the driver's championship ;)
  • Tuesday, 24 Feb 2009 10:38 by
    Hi there, just a quick comment on strategy. I would imagine that an amazing race strategy is one that appears like a bad strategy to the opposition. Of course, if we're losing races, then its a bad strategy :), but I think Ferrari did a great job for the given circumstances. Ciao!
  • Tuesday, 24 Feb 2009 10:38 by
    Ianiva I m sorry but u are wrong the race won with 4 pit stops was in Magny Cours yes but 2004 :)) In the 2002 Michael won his 5th title do u remember ? Kimi was head and Michael second,the Ferrari was faster but not enough to overtake the finnish driver.At least Kimi did a mistake and Schumi overtaked him with a much faster F2002 as I already said.I don't honestly remember how many pit stops Schuey did but I know he got world championship driver 02:)) In the 2004 with 4 pit stops Schuey beat Alonso,it was one the most amazing races ever that Ferrari/Schumi achieved.
  • Tuesday, 24 Feb 2009 10:38 by
    Vas, don't be disappointed - remember 2003 when we started like we didn't want to start again!! And last year - only the blamable win of Indy. The cars and the team together looked very promising in both races (beside the engine-theme) to me. MS had a bit of bad luck during his pit-stop because he couldn't get out fast enough because JV went in. But Felipe was amazing - coming from behind with all the slower cars to be overtaken, gaining place by place. So I am very confident for Melbourne, it is a track that fits to our cars.
  • Tuesday, 24 Feb 2009 10:38 by
    Hello Maria from Greece here.Vassili its amazing to find out that I am not the only Greek person here..... I think Massa's strategy was fantastic. And Michael could go better if it hadn't been for this problem between the two pit stops .Anyway the results are encouraging and I hope that in Australia we can do even better. Pesonally I believe that the greatest strategy was the one in Suzuka 2000 where Michael did a very fast pit stop and came out in frond of Hakkinen and won the World Championship!!!Do you remember?
  • Tuesday, 24 Feb 2009 10:38 by
    I Vassilis, welcom on board!
  • Tuesday, 24 Feb 2009 10:38 by
    I rembember it as well.It was an impressive strategy and race.Schumi and Ferrari have always done great at Suzuka.I just hope it will not remain the only old famous track in the calendar.But I m afraid;Spa for this year is deleted,Monza is going to be deleted too for a stupid situation that two idiot families created and Silverstone is changed a lot.Just Suzuka and Monaco at least:(What shame
  • Tuesday, 24 Feb 2009 10:38 by
    I ianiva, how are you? Welcome to the blog!!
  • Tuesday, 24 Feb 2009 10:38 by
    So come on guys let's wait and see what great strategy our team will plan next sunday in Australia ! Forza Ross the best strategic of the world :))
  • Tuesday, 24 Feb 2009 10:38 by
    Avvoccato! According to AutoSprint, the piston is not hard enough! Why do you object to ma Itagnol? X.
  • Tuesday, 24 Feb 2009 10:38 by
    Xeno u know autosprint almost always changes opinion but talking about the development it never mistakes ! It's also written that the riliability is ok now. See u soon my friend :)
  • Tuesday, 24 Feb 2009 10:38 by
    I agree Vassilis, I want to see our team risk, and push harder than before! Let's get a championship in Austrailia!!! I have been happy with the team up till now. I just hope they continue to make progress! If they don't smarten up soon, our team could be in trouble. Forza Ferrari
  • Tuesday, 24 Feb 2009 10:38 by
    Vassilaki mu! Forget the wings and start worrying about the engine! And what is worse, the plans of the engine to be used fromm 2008 to 2010 have to be presented to FIA by June 2006! Perhaps we should get used again to see Cosworth as our main competitor... X.
  • Tuesday, 24 Feb 2009 10:38 by
    Hello Xeno !!:)) Nice to see u write on this beautiful and fun blog too !! Un abbraccio,Luca
  • Tuesday, 24 Feb 2009 10:38 by
    ma..sei stato tu, avoccatto, a dirmi le consequenze legale disastrose per me se rimanevo zitto! X.
  • Tuesday, 24 Feb 2009 10:38 by
    Xeno I like spanish language,when will u teach me it ?:)) Asta la vista!
  • Tuesday, 24 Feb 2009 10:38 by
    Hey Guys I have just read that Ferrari si going to introduce a new development step at Imola.It will be a strong improvement from the aerodynamics point of view at most but the engine will be develop too.it s' also written that some of the aerodynamics modifications have been suggested by Nick Tombaziz.Ferrrai will have about two weeks of time to test the 248F1 that Autosprint(famous italian motoracing magazine)calls 248F1 EVO....
  • Tuesday, 24 Feb 2009 10:38 by
    Avoccatto! You know perfectly well AutoSprint only changes opinion once a week! Their customers buy the magazine, they don't have to defend each one of them! X.

Comments: