Now it gets serious

October 1, 2010 · Posted by Fernando Alonso

I have been back in Switzerland for a few days now. It’s been a time to relax and fill up the energy tanks before the final rush of what has been a very intense season. The Singapore weekend was very stressful from the physical point of view, especially because of the humidity and dehydration. So, I have continued to drink a lot and I have been training in a very low key way, just to get back to full fitness.

I have kept in touch with the team all the time and I know that in Maranello, everyone is delighted with last Sunday’s win. That’s how it should be and I’m happy too, even if I know the hard part is still ahead of us. These two consecutive wins have reduced the gap that had built up but we are definitely not leading yet! Now it starts getting serious, we will have to experience some pain and it is time for everyone to give their all, without taking a single backward step. There are still five drivers in the hunt for the title. So many times this year we have seen that the situation can change really quickly, so anything could still happen. What is certain is that if any of the five put a foot wrong, then it will be even harder for them. I stick with my belief that the key is to always finish on the podium and then do the maths in Abu Dhabi.

The wins in Monza and Singapore inspire confidence, especially as they came after a difficult season, in which our championship chances have often hung by a thread. Winning on two very different types of track confirms that our car is very versatile and so we can tackle the coming races without any fear. I have been asked which was the best win, Singapore or Monza. Well, any win is great, wherever it comes, but I would have to say that winning in Italy at the wheel of a Ferrari was a really special and unique feeling.

• Friday, 1 Oct 2010 06:56 by Alison Hatfield
    Congratulations on your win Fernando! Enjoy your time at home and good luck for the rest of the season. I have full confidence that you will win the championship because you are the best!! from Alison in Wales x
  • Friday, 1 Oct 2010 07:36 by Nada
    hello Nando,, wow that is a real win !! you cant believe how happy i was i lost my Voice wehn you crossed the finish line .. all the best ;p "Bahrain"
  • Friday, 1 Oct 2010 07:51 by Alfredo
    Go! GO! GREAT!!! ANOTHER PERFECT WEEKEND. I HOPE WE WILL SEE FOUR MORE LIKE THIS. YES YOU CAN DO IT
  • Friday, 1 Oct 2010 08:10 by Alberto
    Fernando! You're racing at your highest level in this late part of the championship. I feel that you are the most focused driver in the grid right now. Your driving in Singapore was amazing and the team work was also at its best as in Monza. Keep it like that and let's do the maths in Abu Dhabi. Un Asturiano en Madrid.
  • Friday, 1 Oct 2010 09:18 by Shaniel SA
    hey great comeback, great to watch you in top form again,im still worried about engines available! but for sure it will all come together and u will be crowned world champ x 3
  • Saturday, 2 Oct 2010 01:32 by Mariella
    p.s. sorry,I'm very sorry,ever more,because I was not able to be in Monza...I hope to see you.LOVE. -Mariella-
  • Saturday, 2 Oct 2010 03:47 by Celia
    Fernando I believe you can win the world championship !and i will always support you!!!
  • Saturday, 2 Oct 2010 01:45 by nereaf1
    Hello Fernando. These last two races were really fantastic, the car has improved and you drove just perfectly. Because of that, now I'm sure we are going to win this Championship. It won't be easy, but you can do it, if someone can do it, it's you, now the rest of the drivers are scared. Let's continue like this, magic. We trust you, we are all pushing you from here. Kisses from Aturias :)
  • Saturday, 2 Oct 2010 02:00 by luke
    Fantastic job in Singapore, grand chelem!!!. Impressive perfomance in this second half of the season, is going to be really hard to be on top, I fear the bulls but you can do it.
  • Saturday, 2 Oct 2010 02:05 by Aneta Stojanova
    Walk on, walk on With hope in your heart And you'll never walk alone You'll never walk alone! Thank you, Fernando! Be happy.
  • Saturday, 2 Oct 2010 02:23 by Kumaresh
    Alonso you are my favourite,goahead you are the F1 world champion-2011.Never give up....
  • Saturday, 2 Oct 2010 08:03 by
    Hi Fernando!!! Congratulations for the win in Singapore! Good job from the Ferrari team too!!! Next comes suzuka!! Go and take the third win in a row!
  • Saturday, 2 Oct 2010 10:07 by kao alonso
    you are the best !!!!!!!!!!!
  • Saturday, 2 Oct 2010 11:16 by ALFREDO
    Go Ahead!! Great!! Lets see again on the top of the podium in Suzuka
  • Sunday, 3 Oct 2010 12:52 by Ernesto
    You and Ferrari's team are doing a fantastic job. The results are very go so far, I hope that the F10 works well and adaptable to the Japan circuit. And have a 1-2 of Ferrari, Keep going
  • Sunday, 3 Oct 2010 01:42 by olivia
    nice to hear your news.you are always optimistic. good luck in the rest of the season.
  • Sunday, 3 Oct 2010 06:07 by Angelo
    Congratulations. Hope to see you on the podium at Suzuka preferably on the top step.
  • Sunday, 3 Oct 2010 10:50 by Mia Jacobson
    Hi Fernando ! Best wishes for the Japan Grand Prix !Thanks for everything,Fernando...you are the greatest in my world. Take care, Mia - Sweden
  • Sunday, 3 Oct 2010 11:25 by PSM
    Good luck in the remaining races and may they bring the championship. Forza Ferrari!
  • Monday, 4 Oct 2010 02:22 by FAster
    Rest well Alonso wishing you the best of luck in Japan, I know you can do it! TOMA from mike in UK
  • Monday, 4 Oct 2010 03:42 by mimi
    Good luck for the rest of the season Fernando. As you say, you will need a lot of energy but at the same time you are our champion!! All the best for the remaining races! Mimi from Mauritius
  • Monday, 4 Oct 2010 05:34 by FAsterEvaNano
    Hi Nano....Are you ready to bring it on this weekend..!!! We couldn't wait to watch your great great performance again,also your F10....Forza our F1 KING,Forza our Champion..!!! TOMA~~~~~
  • Tuesday, 5 Oct 2010 04:21 by shuxingrong
    hi,fernando~i am in bad luck these days .i really hope u can bring me hope this weekend.i believe u can .
  • Wednesday, 6 Oct 2010 03:02 by Camila
    Hi Fernando, I was very happy by the victory at the Singapore Grand Prix. Congratulations! And Congratulations by the first Grand Chelem! In Monza you had the same amount of victories than Fangio. Now I hope and believe that you can 41 victories like Senna and that you can 4 Grand Chelem like Senna! I always believe that you will be the champion in this year, because you're the best driver and you're in the best team! Then I hope that you win in Japan. I hope that you have your first victory in Brazil on November 7 th. Go Alonso! Go Ferrari! Go Faster! Good Luck in Suzuka! Best wishes! Camila from Brazil.
  • Saturday, 16 Oct 2010 08:41 by
    I am from China,Ireally love you.^_^. Congratulations to you!

Comments: