Thanks again to everyone at the Gestione Sportiva

September 14, 2010 · Posted by Fernando Alonso

I have gone through some really exciting moments during these last days in Italy. Feeling so close to the tifosi that I had the impression I could touch their enthusiasm with my hand was really something special. There is a passion for Ferrari all over the world, but here it is stronger still and I was fortunate enough to be at the wheel of an Italian car winning the Italian Grand Prix. Today I was able to personally thank everyone at the Gestione Sportiva, when they all gathered in the logistics building. It was nice to once again lift the winner’s trophy in front of the people who had made the victory possible, starting with the guys who did the pit stop. I had arrived in Maranello on Sunday 5 September, confident that we could reignite our championship chances, even if I felt it would be very tough. Now, two days on from that really happy moment in Monza, we can claim to have made a good step forward. At Spa, things had not gone well, so it was hard to say beforehand what we might really be capable of. However, we knew that, as long as we did our best, we would be in with a chance and that’s how things turned out. Now our aim must be to try and do the same in the final five races of the championship.

Despite failing to score in Spa, where the accident on the first lap weighed heavily like a stone, Ferrari and I have scored more points than anyone else in these last four races. That makes us even more confident and the fact these results came on tracks with very different characteristics to one another, confirms that our car is pretty versatile. Yesterday and today, I did some work on the simulator – I was able to get a first taste of the Korean Yeongam circuit – and I also spent time with our engineers to find out about the updates we will have in Singapore.

This afternoon, I left for Madrid, where this evening I am taking part in a Spanish television programme called “El Hormiguero,” which means anteater: it should be a fun evening!

• Tuesday, 14 Sep 2010 06:33 by Camila
    TOMA! TOMA! TOMA! Hi Fernando, Congratulations by the FANTASTIC, AMAZING and WONDERFUL race!!!!!! Congratulations Mechanics by the PERFECT pit stop! Congratulations engineers by the GREAT car, the F10 was amazing!!!! Congratulations Scuderia Ferrari (all team) by the FANTASTIC Monza Grand Prix!!!!!!!!!!! One great driver win a race! One great car win a race! But only a great team win a championship! On Sunday, the Ferrari was a great team!!! I was very happy! This weekend was perfect!! This race was the best Ferrari race!!! I shouted very much "Go go go Alonso!!!" I still believe that you will be world champion!!! I trust in your talent and in engineers!!!! I trust in mechanics and in the work of all team!!!! Monza Grand Prix was very special for me, 'cause I have a little Italian blood (my great-grandfather was Italian from Calabria). I liked very much to watch you win in Italy. Now I wanna watch you win in my country, Brazil, especially 'cause you never won in Brazil. I'll cheering very much for you win in my country, it will be very special for me!!! Thanks Fernando!!! Thanks engineers!! Thanks mechanics!!! Thanks all Scuderia Ferrari!!! I love F1 very much, then thanks a lot by the great race!!! Go Scuderia Ferrari! Go Alonso! Go Faster! Good Luck in Singapore! Best wishes! Camila from Brazil
  • Tuesday, 14 Sep 2010 07:00 by edin
    Hi Champ!!!!Thank you Fernanado for wonderful weekend.Now I wish you a very good luck and course 3rd title.You are the best.amazing weeken in Monza.HAT-TRICK man,i was so happy for you.Im allways with you!!!!Good luck!!!!
  • Tuesday, 14 Sep 2010 07:06 by FAsterEvaNano
    Hi Nano...thanks again for your victory in Monza.."the 3.4seconds in your pitstop was just incredible.,You and your team all make us very happy also very proud!! The championship is there waiting for you in November..Never ever give up!!! ps..I wish I can watch the live TV show you will be doing,but it will be 5.30am in my time-zone..hope I can watch the repeat one...Have a great fun!!!
  • Tuesday, 14 Sep 2010 07:25 by ForzaRonan
    Forza Fernando! Forza Felipe! Forza Gestione Sportiva! Great result, phenomenal speed from both.
  • Tuesday, 14 Sep 2010 09:12 by
    Oh my God you can't believe how happy I am when I think about your victory! It meant a lot for me, even if I'm not Italian but Hungarian...:) You drove perfectly through the whole race, and the team...they were amazing! Congratulations to all of you, fantastic job! That was the real Ferrari! I wish to see you on the top of the podium after every race from now on! :D Come on!!! L. from Hungary
  • Tuesday, 14 Sep 2010 10:46 by
    Congratulations Fernando!! Realy you and of course our super team done the best on Italy! In our home! In the whole race i never felt that we gonna lose this win! Now go and tackle the next races! After the realy special win in monza the next special thing is the world championship! Good luck! And i have faith that our team can give you the best car for the next races!
  • Tuesday, 14 Sep 2010 11:45 by Tony
    Just wanted to add my congratulations for Sundays result, Fernandos drive over the weekend was great and it was good to see Felipe back at the sharp end I live 15 minutes from the Red Bull factory but I've been a Ferrari fan for many years and on Sunday I was a very proud and happy one
  • Wednesday, 15 Sep 2010 07:30 by claire vandamme
    Hello, congratulations with your win at Monza ! Finally you dit it again ! It is true that the team worked hard to give you the best car but it is YOU who drives it and you drove perfect and magical ! I hope , with your next win, you do your funny moves again , I enjoy that so much :)
  • Wednesday, 15 Sep 2010 07:42 by cherli
    You are the best!
  • Wednesday, 15 Sep 2010 07:42 by Miroslav Novakovic
    I wish you luck in Singapore Fernando, lets win this title!
  • Wednesday, 15 Sep 2010 08:59 by joshua
    wowwwwww great win!! at monza!!! it got lucky and you won!!!..great!!! welll done!!...but keep it up..but still the 2011 f1 car needs improvement like this win!!! good drive good win and good joy!! joshua singapore
  • Wednesday, 15 Sep 2010 09:33 by Marta
    Good morning! My dear, you continue in this happiness, and may take a further step towards the tri-championship!! I'm hoping for much more than her winning in Singapore, I know I will not be easy, but I know that you have enough talent to get beat! Hope you had fun in the program yesterday, the name is pretty funny! Kisses. Marta of Brazil.
  • Wednesday, 15 Sep 2010 11:52 by Alberto
    Congratulations for a perfect job. Not only Fernando, but the entire Scuderia. Perfect weekend. Thanks for making us happy. BTW, funny show yesterday night at Cuatroº, my wife and I really enjoyed your presence.
  • Wednesday, 15 Sep 2010 12:50 by FAsterEvaNano
    Hi Nano...it doesn't matter the language,but I still can see how much fun you had on the TV show..You look so fresh ,happy and of course,the RED suits you so so well:))) We are looking forward to see you on the pole position soon...Tomaaaa...xoxoxo
  • Wednesday, 15 Sep 2010 12:53 by fuza
    It's a job well done for everyone in the team. We were slow off the start but did an amazing job to recover at the pit stop. It showed great commitment from the driver and the team to deliver the result. Congratulation to you all. And many thanks for the win. It was sweet.
  • Wednesday, 15 Sep 2010 01:29 by Caroline Swanson
    Well done Sunshine! Great to see you win again Fernando. Love from Liverpool xx
  • Wednesday, 15 Sep 2010 02:14 by Alberto
    Hi Fernando! Congratulations one more time. It was a well deserved victory for you and the team because you were bloody fastest on Saturday and Sunday and the team did a perfect job on getting you a great car, strategy and pitstop. Keep pushing! Cheers from Asturias
  • Wednesday, 15 Sep 2010 04:24 by MCTAN
    Well done! Fernando. And great job from all Ferrari Engineers and Mechanics. I am very happy for the win in Monza. Hope the momentum will be carried on to win the rest of GP. I know you can do it! From M'sia.
  • Wednesday, 15 Sep 2010 04:46 by kimcanada
    Hello Fernando I just want to wish you luck in Singapore. I want to see you happy again, like last weekend. Your smile literally takes my breath away, I mean that, when I see you smile I gasp!!! I won't be able to watch it live, but I will see the replay. Please stay safe and good luck next weekend. Hugs and kisses, love from Kim (Canada)
  • Wednesday, 15 Sep 2010 08:55 by Aneta Stojanova
    You'll Never Walk Alone, Fernando! Be happy!
  • Wednesday, 15 Sep 2010 09:38 by Edit
    Hola Fernando! Thanks for you and whole team!It was a very nice weekend!Congratulations!I hope this victory will be repeated in Singapore!I'm sure,you will be the WORLD CHAMPION again,because You are the BEST!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Edit from Hungary
  • Wednesday, 15 Sep 2010 10:04 by pedro
    Keep underpreasure Fernando, because you're the only one, who manage to do not make any mistake
  • Wednesday, 15 Sep 2010 10:47 by Valderas
    Fernando, congratulations for your win at Monza. It was a perfect weekend for you and the team. I wish you very good luck until the end of the season. I am sure that you can win your 3rd championship
  • Wednesday, 15 Sep 2010 11:23 by Ana
    Fernando you were AWESOM in the program "El Hormiguero" Thank you so much for letting us get another perspective of you, although l myself already knew that you are a very special person, it's about time others do to. You are a CHAMPION on the track and off it too. Thanks for oppening up to us, your fans. luv ana, spain
  • Thursday, 16 Sep 2010 02:45 by
    Perfect!Fernando,what a wonderful weekend,and you're the best,and Ferrari Team is No.1.We'll wait for you in Singapor.God bless you,and good luck!!!
  • Thursday, 16 Sep 2010 06:24 by selva
    Dear Alonso and Massa, great job done for Ferrari. Thanks to the team spirit of Ferrari and this unity will take Ferrari above the sky. Iam a true fan of Ferrari and appreciate those who are involved to taste the victory as well defeat. Coming to Monza, it was a wonderfull race.....Alonso's agressiveness and Massa's pateince gave us a good victory. I hope we will get the Championship and Drivers standing for 2010.
  • Thursday, 16 Sep 2010 10:47 by 舒行蓉
    Fernando wish u good luck~
  • Thursday, 16 Sep 2010 01:23 by Ally
    Of course you're still on cloud 9 and why not it was an amazing victory for you and the team. A little bit of much needed luck and a massive amount of technical expertise and talent from you and the pit-stoppers. It was great to watch and share with you in some small way the euphoria of that now famous victory. Onto Singapore and they should know by now - write of Fernando Alonso at your peril !!
  • Thursday, 16 Sep 2010 02:12 by jane gazzali
    i am counting the days for the night race here in Singapore.. I can't wait to see you again for the 3rd time. It's gonna be another fantastic race and i know you will take the lead again.. you are the best driver ever! Enjoy and have lots of fun!
  • Thursday, 16 Sep 2010 04:50 by Alfredo
    Fantastic race!!! Perfect!! Amazing!! What a wondefull weekend. Ferrari and you deserve more weekends like Monza. I hope to see you again in Singapore on the top of the podium. Good luck
  • Thursday, 16 Sep 2010 04:55 by Miwa
    ☆Nano☆ Congratulations on the victory. As a Ferrari driver It got excited while seeing ♪ TV the boast the victory in sacred ground Monza. From ..Japan.. [miwa]
  • Thursday, 16 Sep 2010 08:53 by nada
    wooow !! Congratulations nando i cant tell you how happy am i ... i want to thank the team for the great work . and i believe that you can win the championship so keep doing the great work ;p ''Bahrain"
  • Thursday, 16 Sep 2010 11:18 by Eddy Eyo
    Hi Nando........You are the best F1 has to offer! Wish you luck in the remaining races!!!!!
  • Friday, 17 Sep 2010 03:01 by James
    Alonso for the triple world champion!!!
  • Friday, 17 Sep 2010 08:24 by Alison
    Congratulations Fernando! I was so pleased that you won, I am sure my whole neighbourhood knew I was pleased too because of the noise I was making!! I wish you lots of luck for the rest of the season. I am confident you can with the championship this year. You are the best driver!! From Alison in Wales x
  • Friday, 17 Sep 2010 11:09 by Peter Kibanya
    Well done Fernado for that great drive. It makes me wish F1 is a weekly event. I am looking foward to Korea to watch you and Fillipe destroy your opponents!
  • Saturday, 18 Sep 2010 10:32 by Jason Szarometa
    What a wonderful time for all FERRARI fans everywhere. We never give up on all you guys and girls in the team and are very proud of any victory let alone MONZA. Well done Fernando and the team. :)
  • Saturday, 18 Sep 2010 11:45 by Markus
    Congrats Fernando!!!We are with You everywhere!You are a Hero and a Champion!!Good luck in Singapore from Slovenia!!
  • Saturday, 18 Sep 2010 05:35 by lynne. mao
    very done, nano, amazing weekend , hope can see u in the podium in singapore, hahahaha, c u in Singapore lar!!!love u
  • Monday, 20 Sep 2010 05:57 by
    See you in Singapore, Fernando! Best of luck this weekend! (:
  • Tuesday, 21 Sep 2010 09:37 by Tina Pano
    Congratulations Fernando, What a great win. So glad you are at Ferrari finally!!! We've been waiting for this a long time. Awesome job. Best of luck in Singapore. -Your American Tifosi
  • Wednesday, 22 Sep 2010 11:37 by Vic
    Congrats Fernando! Amazing race in Monza. Both titles are still possible. We all have faith in you and Ferrari to be world Champions again. Good luck Fernando!!! Show them why youe are the best. Mucha suerte Nano!!
  • Thursday, 23 Sep 2010 09:02 by nereaf1
    Hi Fernando, the passion about Ferrari is unique in the world. You were funny at "El Hormiguero", I hope to see you on TV programmes more frequently ;) Kisses from Asturias :)

Comments: