Before any Ferrari can be declared Approved, it must first pass a series of extremely rigorous technical checks and controls drawn up by the Factory. This complete and detailed Ferrari-approved inspection is carried out by technicians that have trained at the factory and who are specialised in evaluating Ferraris of all types.
The inspection involves no less than 190* different checks covering everything from the running gear to the electrical systems, bodywork and interior. It concludes with a test-drive by a professional driver.
Any defects that emerge will be repaired using original Ferrari spares only, to ensure that the car fully complies with Maranello’s extremely strict safety, performance and reliability standards too.
Once a car has passed the technical inspection, a written evaluation is drawn up and will be presented to any potential new owner as proof of the controls and checks carried out.
A Ferrari Approved technical inspection includes:
• running gear functioning tests
• electrical system functioning tests
• check of liquid levels
• examination of condition of suspension, brakes, cooling system and steering system
• secondary controls of air conditioner, instrumentation and safety systems
• light, wheel and tyre (tread depth and pressure) function tests
101* single checks in North America