I know I can count on a second family

March 29, 2012 · Posted by Felipe Massa

One day to be with the team, to analyse in detail every moment of these first two Grands Prix of 2012, to understand how and why things did not go the way we wanted in Australia and Malaysia. I changed my plans and came to Maranello after the race in Sepang, with this purpose in mind. I met my engineer Rob Smedley and I spent a lot of time with Pat Fry, going over everything that happened, because this is the only way I think we can understand the reasons behind these two bad weekends. I am disappointed, there is no denying it: not scoring any points in two races hurts, but now it’s time to turn the page. It’s the not the first time I’ve gone through a difficult moment like this and I know well that things can change quickly, but now is the moment to do my utmost because I want this negative period to come to an end. I want things to return to normal, to a situation in which I can show my talent as I have always done and as the team knows I can do. I was very happy to read and hear what was said by President Montezemolo, our boss Stefano Domenicali and my team-mate Fernando. Their words did not come as a surprise, because I know I can count on the support of what is a real second family for me, which is what Ferrari has been to me for all these years. I feel there is confidence around me, that the team is united in its support for me and that is very important. Now I want to transform that into results to pay back all this support. Now, I am heading home to Monaco to spend a few days with my family, then next week I will be back in Maranello for further meetings with the engineers and for a bit of time working on the simulator. Pat ran through with me the details of the F2012 development programme and we hope we can slightly improve our performance already in Shanghai. Both there and at Sakhir, one of my favourite tracks, we will once again be fighting on the counter-attack, trying to fine tune the car as well as possible to make the most of any opportunity, just as Fernando did in Sepang. The championship looks like being long and closely contested, with many teams seemingly able to fight for the top places and it only takes a little to find yourself in the front or the back. We hope we can make good progress as soon as possible and put ourselves solidly in the lead group!

• Thursday, 29 Mar 2012 05:55 by Nair
    Ayrton Senna: On a given day, a given circumstance, you think you have a limit. And you then go for this limit and you touch this limit, and you think, 'Okay, this is the limit.' As soon as you touch this limit, something happens and you suddenly can go a little bit further. With your mind power, your determination, your instinct, and the experience as well, you can fly very high. Ayrton Senna - The legend of Formula 1, 1991 That should motivate u, all the best.
  • Thursday, 29 Mar 2012 06:13 by Szabo Balazs
    Felipe! I had the same problems in my carrier as you and lost my self-confidence. You have to ask yourself: why have you been at Ferrari for many years? The question is pretty simple: you showed in 2007, 2008 and also in the first part of 2009 that you have the speed and intelligence for fighting for the title. I have no doubts that you are a fantastic driver. I can see you don't have much confidence in the car right now. You hesitate while accelerating. I am sure if Ferrari can find much better traction you will be at your best. Good luck! You can always rely on my support! Balazs from Hungary
  • Thursday, 29 Mar 2012 06:35 by Ashok Sundaram
    Massa, your heart is in the right place. I can only imagine how hard it is to perform under so much pressure. As you said, the team is on your side and they believe in you. And most of all, we tifosi believe in you. Keep your chin up and try to ignore the media and the speculations. Remember 2008, you kept Lewis on his toes until the last lap of the last race. That sort of competitive spirit just doesn't die. How much we wish you could prove the media wrong - and then they will all owe you an apology soon. Good luck and keep at it...
  • Thursday, 29 Mar 2012 07:19 by mario frenken
    Go for it Massa you can do it holland believe's in you. greetz mario
  • Thursday, 29 Mar 2012 08:08 by Anna
    Hi Felipe! I am really pleased to see that you have not lost your fighting spirit! The first two races may not have gone as you would have liked but there is time to improve on those performances, ots not like the championship has already been won! Hang in there! Always supporting you :)
  • Thursday, 29 Mar 2012 08:25 by Anthony
    Felipe, my name is Anton and I'd like to say you most sincere words of support. You made a greates to my memory moment in 2008 and after that you cannot leave F1 without winning a championship. You deserve it, you are a very strong person, your spirit is a motivation for many people. Yes, racing's just a game, but all our life is a game, and we all struggle against circumstances. dont' forget about your dream, but be confident in your power. You have nothing to show to anyone, you've already done it after Interlagos, after Hungary too. Just win, you can. Best wishes from Russia, a person who lost his voice after Brasilian GP, your Anton.
  • Friday, 30 Mar 2012 12:13 by joe figliomeni
    sometimes the way to make changes is to keep things the same. Let the car come to you. Success will follow. Your friend Joe
  • Friday, 30 Mar 2012 01:23 by John Jovanovski
    Felipe, after every gruelling climb there is always a fast an enjoying ride down. Your hard work will pay off. When it does enjoy it.
  • Friday, 30 Mar 2012 03:11 by Mark C.
    Felipe, We're all behind you, 1,000%! I understand this is a tough time, but you're SO blessed that you happen to be a part of the most legendary, passionate, FAMILY in motor-sports, Ferrari! Even as a tifosi, I can feel the love, which is why I'm such a HUGE tifosi in the first place. There's no other company on Earth that makes their employees, sponsors, drivers and even their fans, feel so loved and immensely appreciated. You've got the heart, desire and passion, and if Luca and the rest of the Scuderia didn't see that, you wouldn't be showered with love and attention right now, with a whole season ahead of you. Keep up the GREAT work Felipe, you got this! FORZA FERRARI! Grazie mille. Ciao. Mark
  • Friday, 30 Mar 2012 04:51 by Saeedur Rahman
    Sure it'll take a lot of work to get back to where everyone desires you and Ferrari to be,but you can always count on the fans' support.Wish the hard work will translate into results sooner rather than later.Best of luck.-SAEED,BANGLADESH.
  • Friday, 30 Mar 2012 02:17 by Noe Izumi
    Dear Felipe, I'm glad to see you're doing all that it's in yout hands. Never forget what you are and what you can do. You have the support of your teams and we, your fans, willbe always at your side. Now it depends on you! FORÇA!
  • Friday, 30 Mar 2012 02:40 by Michael Adamczyk
    Keep believing in yourself Felipe! The team obviously needs to work on the car and we know you're pushing too... Good results will follow soon!
  • Friday, 30 Mar 2012 05:36 by Olga
    Hi, Felipe! You're a talented rider and I believe that you'll be sure to cope with difficulties. Most importantly do not despair and do not lose hope, and you will do it. Glad that the team and your teammate Fernando you support and help, and this is very important. I really want to see you again on the catwalk on the highest step of the pedestal and I'm sure that soon it will be right so. I wish you good luck and courage, the victories and champion titles!!! Let you all will turn out well and you will be able to solve problems with the machine and excessive wear rubber League has just started and not all is lost yet. I believe in you and your strength and get sick of you, may God be with you! With impatience and hope wait for your success! Believe in your strength, Felipe!!!
  • Friday, 30 Mar 2012 08:52 by Sarah
    Felipe, i believe you will win much races.. I want to see you on the podium,Do not get discouraged! Greetings from Azerbaijan!
  • Sunday, 1 Apr 2012 04:04 by
    felipe i know u can do it... just need to push yourself at the uttermost... dont be shame of your bad start. it was encouragement. Go for it... Grasp the title before too late. i will always support u... From vincent Kwong(Malaysia)
  • Monday, 2 Apr 2012 02:55 by karl
    do your maximum best. we tifosi are here to support you till the end! go go go felipe!!!
  • Monday, 2 Apr 2012 01:06 by Lyubo
    Go go Felipe, I want to see you in front. You are the excellent rider. Best wishes from Bulgaria
  • Tuesday, 3 Apr 2012 09:48 by Prabhu
    Felipe I was much impressed with your performance in 2008. What I see in the recent years is that your emotions has not be controlled while racing. Stay cool and calm you will see things come your way. I believe you can be competitive at the highest level. Forza Ferrari.
  • Friday, 6 Apr 2012 05:38 by V P
    Hey Felipe, believe in yourself. We'll always be supporting you. I'm sure we'll see you in front very soon. Wishing you Best of Luck!!!:)
  • Saturday, 7 Apr 2012 08:42 by Osman Ghassani
    Hi Felipe, I remember you racing 07 08 and 09, with Micheal and kimi on the podium, a man on fire, you are not No 2 But No 1. Find that Balance and the temperature in the Tire and Light that Fire all the way towards the Championship Flag please. You make me smile every time you win with ferrari and i so desperately want to smile again believe in your self and dont take that foot of the throttle. All the best for the rest of the season. I will pray.

Comments: