I really want to get back on track

August 25, 2010 · Posted by Fernando Alonso

The holidays that ended today, just before leaving for Belgium, have been very relaxing. Immediately after the Hungarian Grand Prix, I was in Maranello to work on the simulator and with my engineers, from where I headed for home, via a stop off at Madonna di Campiglio for a presentation of the book about twenty years of the Wrooom event. In the days that followed, I split my time between Switzerland and Spain, trying to avoid any long journeys: we can expect the final part of the season to be quite stressful and I wasn’t keen on the idea of seeing even more hotels and airports.

In fact, the means of transport I used most was the bicycle. Apart from the usual training, I had some fun doing a “mini Vuelta” in the area around Oviedo: along with my best friends, we tackled five stages and it was great fun. Three weeks is more than enough time to unwind, at least after the first few days. I made the most of it to recharge the batteries in preparation for the final part of the season, which I think was the same for everyone: it was much needed, after a particularly hectic month of July.

Now, I really want to get back on track, but in a positive sense, without any feeling of anxiety, but in a very calm way. I am happy that the return to racing means going to two particularly special venues which host the Belgian and Italian Grands Prix. The Belgian track is possibly the most appealing of the entire season, while Monza will be something special for me, given that it will be my race debut as a Ferrari driver in front of the Italian crowd, in addition to the circuit itself having played such an important role in the history of motor sport.

I have a good feeling following on from the positive results obtained in Germany and Hungary. As the saying goes, we have to keep the momentum and that should be our aim in Spa, to ensure we carry on the way we started just before the holidays. The Hockenheim and Budapest results were important not just in terms of the classification in both championships, but also for the confidence it has given us. We have to keep pushing on this way.

• Wednesday, 25 Aug 2010 10:16 by Mao Xiaogang
    It's great to see you back to work after such an enjoyable break.
  • Wednesday, 25 Aug 2010 10:30 by Caroline Swanson
    I am glad to hear you enjoyed your time away Fernando, and that you are ready, willing and able to fight for the championship. All the best for Belgium, and please give us all a wave from the podium! Love as ever from Liverpool xx
  • Wednesday, 25 Aug 2010 11:24 by David
    Good Luck from Elche (Spain). I am sure you can win at least two of the four next races and this will put you in pole or 2nd in the fight for the championship. Ferrari can do it, and you can do it. Both have been showed in past. GO!
  • Wednesday, 25 Aug 2010 11:43 by Emily Parnell
    Come on Fernando!! You know that top spot on the podium in Spa can be yours, That Car is fast i hope all goes to plan. A 1st place would be some much deserved after all your hard work so far this season. Emily x x x
  • Wednesday, 25 Aug 2010 03:06 by FAsterEvaNano
    Hi Nano...Finally,you will be back on the track in just couple more days..Good to know you did what you have to do during the break( we really miss you heaps)..This circuit in SPA suits F10 so well,let's fingers crossed another victories continuing to come on this weekend for you and your team..As you mentioned,just feel confidence,keep calm and keep pushing then you will be on the TOP..We always believe in you and wishing you the best best luck for next 7 GPS!!Hope you and your engineers will get a good test on Friday Practic 1 and 2...then the best results in Qualifying and Sunday race...!!! Forza Fernando..TOMAAAA~~~~~yours supporters always..:)
  • Wednesday, 25 Aug 2010 03:35 by Luisa Cambras
    Hola Fernando ... yes I too am looking forward to the fast-approaching race in Spa and I'm trying to get all my other 'projects' finished so that I can start to once again concentrate on the remaining GPs and (of course) your continuing progress in them!! I have been unbelievably busy in recent weeks and the Formula 1 summer break came at a good time for me too ... it's good to know that you've fully recharged your batteries and are now feeling more hopeful/positive/confident and calm. I admire and have great faith in your racing abilities and prowess Fernando and let's hope that the rest of the F1 season gives you a chance to display more of them ... I will be in touch again soon! Warm regards ... Linda
  • Wednesday, 25 Aug 2010 03:47 by
    I'm so happy we are going back to races. The summer break is soooo long (and also so busy for me)!!! FERNANDO,GOOD LUCK IN SPA AND ALL THE 7 FINAL RACES.....Best wishes from China.
  • Wednesday, 25 Aug 2010 03:50 by Mia Jacobson
    Hi Fernando ! Looking forward so see you on track again,I cross my fingers for you and wish you all the best for the weekend at Spa ! :) Take care of you ! Hugs Mia
  • Wednesday, 25 Aug 2010 03:50 by
  • Wednesday, 25 Aug 2010 04:14 by Jessica
    Hi! Fernando you are back here. I miss you very much. The days were felt very long with no race events and news. Thank you for sharing your holiday with us. The team and you must be full of strength and confidence. Get away from the pressure and give the rest rounds of the championship everything. You know what, you look quite like a lion with wings when you are driving on the track. That's why I enjoy it! I really really thank you. Wish you good luck in Spa Champ.
  • Wednesday, 25 Aug 2010 04:24 by Camila
    Hi Fernando, I'm a great enthusiast by the F1 then I'm so glad 'cause F1 is going back of vacation. I'm very anxious by the race on Sunday 'cause Spa is one of my favorite circuits. I observed the great evolution of F10 in the last races then I hope that the new updates of F10 will be good and the car will be more competitive yet. I'm cheering for you in Spa! Good Luck! Go Magic Alonso! Go Faster! Best wishes! Camila from Brazil :)
  • Wednesday, 25 Aug 2010 04:48 by MCT
    Glad to know that you come back in a positive sense. Really hope you can win in this coming SPA GP. You deserve a win. I know you can do it....yours supporter from M'sia.
  • Wednesday, 25 Aug 2010 06:20 by IVAN
    C'mon Ferando, you have towin in Spa, no pressure but using your skills. warm regards
  • Wednesday, 25 Aug 2010 06:53 by Simon
    Hello Fernando I'm French and I'm 13. Like all the others I think you can win the championship. I saw that there would be changes on the f10 and hopefully what will be beneficial. If Hamilton was not only doubled the safety car has valency you have finished 3rd surely you would currently third in the championship before Vettel. Good luck in Spa and I'm sure you will succeed.
  • Wednesday, 25 Aug 2010 07:27 by Mark, USA
    Great to hear you're recharged and ready to get back out there Fernando, not like that's a surprise, but it's nice to hear you in such great spirits. A strong focus and a positive mind will take us a long way. Everyone here in the USA is excited to see a valiant charge to the finish for the Scuderia, so we're all behind you! Let's continue where we left off in Hungary! Forza Ferrari!!
  • Wednesday, 25 Aug 2010 07:50 by Melisa Sevi Koç
    Nice to see you relaxed and fully motivated for the other half of season! :) I wish you luck in Spa! Come on Fernando! -Melisa from Istanbul
  • Wednesday, 25 Aug 2010 08:20 by MareeFA
    olla Nando ;)it's good to know that you recharge the batteries. i hope you'll win in spa. fingers crossed. Girl from Croatia ;)
  • Thursday, 26 Aug 2010 03:23 by wisnu
    be the best in Spa mister Fernando
  • Thursday, 26 Aug 2010 04:52 by Mark Stephens (GrndLkNatv)
    Looking forward to seeing you in P1 come Sunday afternoon! Best of luck to you and We'll you guys @ Monza! Ciao, Mark
  • Thursday, 26 Aug 2010 10:57 by Pradeesh
    Hi,fernando.. i suppose we can expect a wet weekend in spa.. whatever the conditions be.. keep winning...
  • Thursday, 26 Aug 2010 11:28 by kim canada
    Hello Fernando It is so nice to hear you had a good vacation, and to hear you are ready to get back to racing. I know I am so looking forward to this weekend's race. You sound very positive and confident, and I love that. I have no doubt in your abilites and your will to win. You have all of my support of course, let's hope everything goes perfect, you stay calm and focused, and only good things can happen. Please think saftey first though. I have missed you so much and I am so glad to hear from you again, I really look forward to your messages. Good luck this weekend honey, and I hope you wave to all of us as well. Biggest hugs, Kim (Canada)
  • Thursday, 26 Aug 2010 05:33 by Jonathan Soh
    ok now your car is fast enough
  • Friday, 27 Aug 2010 04:13 by FAsterNano
    Hi Nano...Fingers crossed for FP1 & FP2 today....hope you will have good result for the improvment of your F10...:)))
  • Friday, 27 Aug 2010 12:05 by Dev Daswani Bharwani
    Fernando!!! i have been dying to finally see a race after a full month! weekends without races seem like the longest ones ever one could live. Well apart from that...i just saw ur first friday free testing and u flew over the track. u are an amazing driver on wet track and iam sure this weekend ull prove it once again with a great result. I cannot wait for the race and wish u the best of luck in last 7 races of the season. (in other words...3rd time world champion i hope! :)) thank u for all u give us...Dev...ur Spanish/Indian #1 fan from Morocco
  • Friday, 27 Aug 2010 12:33 by Ernesto
    Hi, Fernando all the best on this weekend, for you and engineers, keep pushing, good results are coming
  • Friday, 27 Aug 2010 02:51 by FAsterEvaNano
    Hi Nano....BRAVO BRAVO BRAVO...What the great great performances in FP1 & FP2 today...you are a truly fighter on the track...Well done Fernando..Fingers crossed P1 all the way through whole weekend...!!! TOMA~~~~~Love you and proud of you always from Taiwan & Austrlia..:))
  • Friday, 27 Aug 2010 02:59 by kimcanada
    Great result in practice this morning, fingers crossed for the rest of the weekend!!!! Kim (Canada)
  • Friday, 27 Aug 2010 04:23 by luke
    Welcome back, so far you are the fastest driver on FP1 & 2, let's hope it remains the same after the race. Good Luck!!.
  • Friday, 27 Aug 2010 04:44 by Erick
    OK. Have a nice gp Fernando. I hope you'll finish first. Good luck. Erick, from France
  • Saturday, 28 Aug 2010 12:05 by FAsterEvaNano
    Hi Nano...Good morning...Looking forward to see you get Pole in Qualifying today...as you always Keep cool ,calm and concentrate,we all know you can do it...the best luck to you Fernando...:)) P1 P1 P1 P1 P1........
  • Saturday, 28 Aug 2010 12:58 by Mariella Cicciù
    Hi boy ! Very great the idea of ‘mini-vuelta’ with your dear friends…!!! It’s so nice the bicycle ! And more,I imagine Oviedo (I know,your city) as a city full of History and Mystery…You are right in coming back on the track with a serene approach : it’s the best attitude.I hope you WIN the next race and the whole Championship !!! Affectionate greetings. -Mariella-
  • Saturday, 28 Aug 2010 03:14 by FAsterEvaNano
    Hi Nano...It's not easy in Qualifying today..As the weather condition's changing all the time...Hope you and your engineers will have the best and right tyers choice tomorrow.,Anything can happen and we know you will gain lots of points for your championship...So never ever give up and fight to the end...we are all with you Fernando...Forza...!!!Fingers crossed and the best LUCK to you tomorrow..:)))
  • Sunday, 29 Aug 2010 02:28 by FAsterNano
    Hi Nano...it's just not easy race today....your F10 was quite competitive enough,you had great few overtakings ...,Once again,unfortunately the weather conditions no one can control...But we are glad that you are safe,didn't hurt by the crash.....Always looking forward for the next race..Head up and never give up...we are all with you..!!! Forza Fernando...!!
  • Sunday, 29 Aug 2010 08:19 by Caroline Swanson
    Put Spa behind you Fernando and focus on the next race. Try to ignore the media and any distractions. Love as always from Liverpool xx
  • Monday, 30 Aug 2010 10:29 by
    never mind you will win next race I'm sure
  • Monday, 30 Aug 2010 10:35 by glow
    you are the best keep going
  • Monday, 30 Aug 2010 11:12 by kim tobin
    Hello Fernando First and most important, I am so glad you are O.K. and were not hurt in either incident, very scary to watch. You did great, no one expeceted you to continue after Rubens hit you, but you did and made your way back up the field. It is too bad you couldn't finish the race, but you are not hurt and that is really all that matters. Focus on the good things you did and look forward to the next race. Remember I am with you always, love you lots Kim (Canada)
  • Monday, 30 Aug 2010 12:07 by nereaf1
    Hi, Fernando. Yesterday was a difficult race for you, but if you think you can win this Championship, let's believe in you... Kisses from Asturias :)
  • Monday, 30 Aug 2010 06:21 by FAsterNano
    Hi Nano...Let's looking forward to the Monza GP in Ferrari's country!! Huge of your fans and Ferrari's fans will be there for you and your team...We fingers crossed Lots Lots Lots of LUCK to you..Just go fighting for the Victory for you,your team and all of us fans..We love to see you carry the Big trophy home...FORZA....TOMAAA~~~~support you and love you always...:)))
  • Tuesday, 31 Aug 2010 04:15 by enshine
    Hi,Fernando,Don’t lose heart over your unfortunate Belgian Grand Prix .You told us to head up and never give up, so just keep relaxed .All of us will stand with you forever and you will win the WDC2010.Best wishes from China. Viva Fernando Alonso!Viva Ferrai!
  • Tuesday, 31 Aug 2010 02:51 by philip putze
    Wat's happened is happened you cannot chanced it but you can show us wy you are the worldchampion. You must win the next races when you want the victory. The F-Dukt is OK. but you and felipe need more speed on the straight. In Monza the home grand prix of FERRARI a double win is not bad it will be very grate for all the fans of the world. Think on Bahrain where you had won before you took the first place over.

Comments: