Happy about the success thanks to hard work during the winter

March 15, 2010 · Posted by Fernando Alonso

Maranello - It’s really difficult to imagine a better start! Yesterday’s win in Sakhir, completed by Felipe’s second place, was a fantastic feeling for me. I’m so happy about this success and I think that I started to appreciate it even more last night. You know, when a race finishes it’s difficult to really get hold of the result’s value. Once back at the hotel I spoke to my family and my closest friends and I started to realise what had happened. This victory is a great way to start a long relationship like the one, which connects me to the Scuderia Ferrari Marlboro. I’ve said it many times over the last months, but I want to repeat it: this will be the last team I’m racing with and I couldn’t hope for anything better to start the Championship. This is a result, which gives us a great deal of confidence.

I think the one-two win was the result of the preparative works during the winter. We were the team with the most miles on the clock during the tests and we did lots of simulation work, on the track and on the stands, and we can say that we showed up with almost 100% at the season’s first race. Naturally there’s always room for improvement, because our sport is the pinnacle of technology and innovation and anyway we have to work incessantly on the car’s development if we want to win. There wasn’t a specific area to work on, but as far as we could see in Bahrain the qualifying will be more and more important for the final result so we have to try to prepare the best possible way.

Now I’m relaxing a bit before the next race in Melbourne. I know that the team has a lot of work these days, preparing the transfer to Australia and then to Malaysia; I’m convinced that yesterday’s one-two win will make sure that the men and women know that the hard work over the last months has been repaid in the best possible way.

• Monday, 15 Mar 2010 04:44 by Andrey_86
    BRAVO FERNANDO!! In Australia we know that you will have more or less the same result like in 2006 :P . Like you said ...It was verry special for us to see you for the first time in a red car in race, and winning this even more! Alomost unbelievable!!
  • Monday, 15 Mar 2010 06:36 by Kata
    Fernando!!!!! You were fantastic!!! :D I was very very very happy!!!! :D (L) You're the best!! The FAstest!! :D (L) Kata
  • Monday, 15 Mar 2010 07:21 by Manap Maynaev
    Excellent job Alonso! i hope this year we will finish this season with championship that we miss so much.
  • Monday, 15 Mar 2010 07:23 by James
    Your first race with Ferrari, your first win. I'm sure there will be many more victories. Show why you're the best driver on the grid and why some people call you Magic Alonso ;)
  • Monday, 15 Mar 2010 08:59 by Laura
    Hi fernando!!!!Congratulations for you and the team from Spain.Thank you for write here.Thank you for all.Good bye.
  • Monday, 15 Mar 2010 09:39 by erikalonsa
    oh!! grande Fernando!! In Spain we are really happy!!! you are the best and we know it!!Now all the worl know it!!!
  • Monday, 15 Mar 2010 09:46 by Brian Herráez
    Congratulations Fernando! and congratulations Ferrari! I´m your fan Fernando since 1999, I live in Valencia, Spain, and last sunday it was increible race, first win with Scuderia Ferrari Marlboro and I hope that in Melbourne you will be on podium too Forza Fernando, forza Ferrari, see you on Australia!
  • Monday, 15 Mar 2010 09:57 by Teo
    That's it, Fernando. The truth is that, altough becoming world champion is a something that can't be asked to you, you have the extra hp. that a whole country pushing gives to your car. Go for it, Fernando. Adelante y hasta la próxima victoria.
  • Monday, 15 Mar 2010 11:07 by Santiago Herrero
    Hello everybody! I have the experience in F1 races, not only like follower, too like doctor in the circuit of Jerez (Spain) from the 88-91´s seasons. I have had the honor to share place (back seat) with the doctor, “Professor” Sid Watkins (The first FOCA doctor, the founder of the Brain and Spine Foundation in 1992 and Former head of the Formula One on-track medical team), that was a myth species until its retirement, honoured by all . Like proof of it, it is worth to remember the anecdote of which, great fan of "habanos cigars", Mercedes it made install a special humidifier in its car of attendance in track (safety car)and was able to write in a sheet all the annotations, lap to lap of each one of the cars during the race (without errors). From then, I have enjoyed lot of races from Berger, Mansell and Prost in Ferrari during this time, and later with Michael Schumacher, but never before I had enjoyed so much as the last race in Bahrein where finally a Spaniard red dressed, has been able to win by firm way as full. I imagine that Alonso will be the happiest earth man, but that it has made all the followers - supporters very happy too!
  • Tuesday, 16 Mar 2010 12:34 by Stacie
    Fernando i have been a fan of yours for over 5 years now. i was with you every lap of the race and i must admit i cried when you won. here's to many more victorys for you and ferrari this year. i can not wait for silverstone as i am going there this year and i met you there last year :)
  • Tuesday, 16 Mar 2010 04:27 by Casey
    Congratulations Fernando, well done. Thank you for putting Ferrari back on the top step of the podium. Continued success and hopes for another championship for you and Ferrari!
  • Tuesday, 16 Mar 2010 09:27 by 张彤辉
    Fernando,I have been loving you since I was in high school.As a Chinese girl,you lead me into the world of F1.Your courage has always been inspiring from high school to college.Now I am in one of the best universities in China and you are the champion again after three years.I have been waiting for this moment for so long.I am so happy that you are back on the podium.I wish you good luck and I believe you will make it!
  • Tuesday, 16 Mar 2010 10:25 by Jingjing from Beijing
    Congratulations Fernando! Thanks for your hard work and bring us such a wonderful race. I will go and see you in Shanghai!
  • Tuesday, 16 Mar 2010 10:34 by luke
    Congratulations Fernando!.
  • Tuesday, 16 Mar 2010 02:11 by Alberto
    Congratulations Fernando, you deserve it. Hope this will be the first of many victories on your career with Ferrari. Greetings from Avilés ;)
  • Tuesday, 16 Mar 2010 04:25 by SAEED
    It's just the beginning.There's still a long way to go.But nothing can be as good as the 1-2 finish to boost the team morale.If we continue to work towards the right direction and have belief in us we can achieve what we desire-both the championships.We can never give up cause giving up isn't our way of living.We keep fighting till the last blood drop.Carry on.We the fans will always be there for you.The fanatic-'SAEED'
  • Tuesday, 16 Mar 2010 04:49 by Erwin Ochoa
    Go Alonso! Ferrari, congratulations. Mi most sincere wishes, from Honduras.
  • Tuesday, 16 Mar 2010 06:00 by Logor
    Congratulations Fernando, for all the team but specially for you. You have just closed many mouths, you know. But despite this year is going to be so long,this is the best way to star. you are making happy to many people. Good luck for the rest of the "long way", you deserve it. you are simply the best.
  • Tuesday, 16 Mar 2010 06:42 by ferrari-ricard
    Hi, I'm very happy for this weekend in Bahrain. Thanks Alonso, Massa and everybody in team
  • Tuesday, 16 Mar 2010 08:41 by Mark
    Fernando Congrats!!! All of the Tifosi in the USA are EXTREMELY excited for the great start to this season!! Forza Ferrari!! Your and Felipe's passion is refreshing!! Grazie mille! Ciao!
  • Tuesday, 16 Mar 2010 09:09 by Xiaogang Mao
    Good move. Good smile. Good comments
  • Tuesday, 16 Mar 2010 11:28 by Didier COFFY
    Congratulations to the drivers and to the scuderia team for this demonstration against the most famous F1 drivers and teams !!! Do not sleep after this success !
  • Wednesday, 17 Mar 2010 04:19 by Fred Barthell
    Fernando, Congrats on a fantastic opening race! Vettel seemed to have the race in hand but once again the reliability of SF showed the true ownership of the track. All the tifosi have got to be proud of the whole team... great 1-2.
  • Wednesday, 17 Mar 2010 08:46 by Miff
    Hi! Fernando...I've been following you since Renault days way back in 2005 (it was the time I started watching Formula 1)...this is just what I hope for you...beat the records of Schumi :D and never let Lewis get any more championships..I know with Ferrari you can do that! Best of luck!
  • Wednesday, 17 Mar 2010 11:45 by Naren
    Congrats Fernando, Great 1-2. Just request you to put the best efforts to keep the team at its top.
  • Wednesday, 17 Mar 2010 12:04 by ADAM JONES
    Bravo Fernando! It was such a sweet victory after all the attention had been on Schumi and his (welcome) return. Ferrari deserve to be back on top as do you after a difficult 2009! Great job by team, keep up the good work.
  • Wednesday, 17 Mar 2010 12:49 by Tenzin Jorden
    I loved every move you made during the race and would like to thank you for the special one two victory that came ferrari's way. Rooting for one more victory in the coming Australian grand prix.
  • Wednesday, 17 Mar 2010 03:22 by sorin
    great job Fernado keep wining the race... and win the season
  • Wednesday, 17 Mar 2010 04:14 by Laure
    Bravo Fernando for your victory in Bahrein, and bravissimo Ferrari for the 1-2 on the podium!!! It was a long time... Massa is back and we have two great drivers to support! Forza Ferrari! We are with you!
  • Wednesday, 17 Mar 2010 06:31 by Yacine
    ALOOOOOOOOOOOONSO ALOOOOOOOOOOOONSO Always trust in your fantastic driving. From Algeria
  • Wednesday, 17 Mar 2010 07:09 by Hamza
    Well done on the 1-2 in Bahrain. Hope it is the same outcome in Australia.
  • Wednesday, 17 Mar 2010 09:19 by Rebecca
    Bravo Fernando!:D Winning the first race of the season is no doubt special! Driving for Ferrari is no doubt very special! And you, you are something very special indeed!. A supporter of 7yrs here in the UK. Onwards to Australia!!! :)
  • Wednesday, 17 Mar 2010 09:52 by
    Fernando..I have been watching you since 2006 and waiting for your move to Ferrari. You have shown once again what a fighter can do when the opportunity presents....Fantastic ...Fernando....Ferrari... Wish Fernando and Ferrari many more titles.. Brahma
  • Thursday, 18 Mar 2010 01:23 by Shahram
    Go Fernando!!! Go for the Championship!!! You are the best!
  • Thursday, 18 Mar 2010 06:22 by Lucy Chilton
    Well Done Fernando on your win in Bahrain, & to Massa on his 2nd place. Will be cheering you & Massa on for the rest of the season from South Africa. We're with you guys, keep it up.
  • Thursday, 18 Mar 2010 07:40 by JD
    Congrats Fernando! Say what they might about the race being boring, you were wonderful! Your decisions were spot on! You're one up on your late Ferrari countrymen, Alfonso De Portago now!
  • Thursday, 18 Mar 2010 09:37 by
    Dear Fernando, well done. It is really an amazing start. But this season is a long long journey, you know, just do your best. I am with you forever. Come on... Hope you and your families happy lives!
  • Thursday, 18 Mar 2010 02:42 by A chinese guy
    I think it is hard for the last three years for all Alonso's fans,but now we could hope renew alonso win many trophys. All best wished and luck for Fernando and Ferrari and Massa too. We all wait for the champion day for 2010 season!
  • Thursday, 18 Mar 2010 03:56 by lynne
    nano, great job, we are the champion!!!
  • Thursday, 18 Mar 2010 04:00 by Diego Garcia
    Congratulations Fernando, you really did a great job. Keep up!
  • Thursday, 18 Mar 2010 05:09 by peyronnet wilfried
    well done Fernando . The name of Ferrari is at the highest level with you and your success at the Bahrein G-prix . Here in France , we are so confidente for the future with you in the Ferrari team . Thanks for all and good luck for the next race . Your new fan WILLY
  • Thursday, 18 Mar 2010 06:14 by philippe
    congratulation from France Fernando! we wish you the best with Ferrari. now you're with the scuderia so the tifosi of all over the world support you. We want the both world championships. so make our wish come truth. FORZA FERRARI!!!
  • Thursday, 18 Mar 2010 07:24 by Erika
    Hola Fernando! Fantastic race! Good luck for Melbourne!!!
  • Thursday, 18 Mar 2010 08:31 by Davide Sterpin
    Well done Fernando... You have done a great job in the begining of this season... Keep up the good work...
  • Thursday, 18 Mar 2010 10:13 by Alexandros
    Bravo Fernando, Forza Ferrari. I hope you win the Championship and stay a lot of time in Scuderia. Even if we can't see live the races in Greece, we all support you from net. Tifosi Ferrari foe ever...
  • Friday, 19 Mar 2010 12:14 by Carlos
    You are the beast man!!!!! Congratulations!!! I hope that you will have another victory in Melbourne. Nice job!!!!
  • Friday, 19 Mar 2010 05:13 by GOVIN
    I believe this only the beginning of MAESTRO FERNANDO after a wait of 3 years. BRAVO !! No one can deny that if you had a winning car, you would have been 5 time WDC by now. KEEP PUSHING and GOING. I will be in MELBOURNE cheering for you. GOVIN
  • Friday, 19 Mar 2010 05:16 by Abhishek
    Many Congratulations, Fernando. You were awesome at Bahrain. I have been following you since i started watching F1 five years ago and i admire the way you have reached to the top. I am and will always support Fernando Alonso. Wishing you many more Victories this Year and i know deep down that you will clinch the Drivers Title and become 3 Time Champion. Forza Fernando, Forza Ferrari !!!
  • Friday, 19 Mar 2010 05:49 by FAsternano
    Great job Fernando.......:) Keeping giving all then you will be the champion in 2010.and I believe you will do it..!!!! Bring it on next week in Melbourne...I'll be there to suport you ....
  • Friday, 19 Mar 2010 08:32 by glenn lambert
    ESTUPENDO!!!!!!!!!!!! congratulations all round , good to see you back............
  • Friday, 19 Mar 2010 12:48 by luis
    Bravo Fernando we was waiting for this moment, for three years ago. you are the best, and now you are stronger, and now finally in the finest team.
  • Friday, 19 Mar 2010 02:47 by Nagore
    ¡Enhorabuena campeón! Great job and fantastic result. Please, repeat it again in Melbourne, jaja, thanks. Un saludo, Nagore
  • Friday, 19 Mar 2010 07:12 by Steve
    Well done Fernando,wonderful to see you back on top. I,ve just read some teams are having to make adjustments to their diffusers,are Ferrari one of the four?
  • Friday, 19 Mar 2010 09:43 by Matej
    Bravo Alonso. Great drive. We were waiting for some time this result. Also congratulations to Massa. Forza Ferrari. ;-)
  • Saturday, 20 Mar 2010 10:38 by Malcolm Lewis
    Congratulations Fernando, now you are back where you belong in a winning car. Now you can show them at Mclaren what they are missing. I have been your welsh supporter since 2002 and have been waiting for you to get to Ferrari since that Mclaren dirt. Keep it you know you are the best. Malcolm
  • Saturday, 20 Mar 2010 05:37 by Charles Watts
    Great job Fernando, Win the World Championship for Ferrari, Cant wait for your 2010 Ferrari Diecast car. Good Luck.
  • Saturday, 20 Mar 2010 09:57 by carole
    congratultions Fernando I am british and have been a follower of yours for the last 6 years so pleased you are in a winning car again now you can show them all what you are made of again and I hope win another championship
  • Sunday, 21 Mar 2010 12:31 by Fasternano
    Congratulations Fernando...looking forward to see you on podium again in Melbourne,,,,,
  • Sunday, 21 Mar 2010 06:55 by Erika
    Hola Fernando! Fantastic race!!!Good luck for Melbourne
  • Monday, 22 Mar 2010 12:38 by Rubén
    ¡Eres un señor! In Spain everybody were waiting for you to drive a Ferrari. Now you will give us great sundays again. Best regards Fernando.
  • Monday, 22 Mar 2010 01:59 by vincent ferrer
    BRAVO!! Fantastico!! :) You're such a great driver to watch :)
  • Monday, 22 Mar 2010 07:16 by XIAOXU ZHANG
    I'm so happy that I can send e-mail to my hero. I'm your Chinese fan. My family and I all support you and only support you. Good job at the beginning of 2010. Best wishes to you..I hope you can win your third YEAR CHAMPION..I think you can..because you are Fernando.Alonso..
  • Monday, 22 Mar 2010 01:23 by
    El Nano is back! The best F1 driver is back on the podium. This will be a fantastic season. Congratulations Fernando, keep up the good work! Fernando for WDC 2010!
  • Tuesday, 23 Mar 2010 07:41 by Ilango From India
    Fernado!!!!!!! you did it...Fantastic race!.Fantastic Result. Good luck for Melbourne,Malasiya etc..!!! You proved that you are the Best.
  • Tuesday, 23 Mar 2010 09:33 by Sara
    Puxa Fernando!!!! Give us another victory at Albert Park Circuit, and, by the way, we suffered a lot when you got the fastest lap in Bahrein, because of your motor problems in the morning, so keep calm friend, we want you to win the championship. C'mon Fernando, Spain always with you.
  • Thursday, 17 Jun 2010 11:48 by Adeel Maruf
    Fernando ! I am your biggest Fan in britain ! Wishing you all the best, cant wait to hear those magic words ... Fernando Alonso is F1 world champion !
  • Sunday, 12 Sep 2010 03:30 by Carolyna Cooper
    I have become a Formula One fan 8 years ago after moving to Italy. I have been watching Alonzo and Filipe for about as long. I believe there is NO better team player than Filipe Massa. He is not a whiner and always composes himself in a professional way. I see that if you want to see TEAMWORK at its best - watch Alonzo and Filipe. What a team. Go Ferrari.

Comments: